你确定吗?
ANNA: Yes, I,m sure.
当然确定。
CARLO: Spell it.
把它拼出来。
ANNA: Apple.
Apple。
CARLO: Apple, apple. Spell “potato”.
Apple, apple, 把 potato (马铃薯) 拼出来。
ANNA: Potato.
Potato。
CARLO: And…
还有这个……
ANNA: Look! Isn,t that Atsuko, the woman in our class? let,s sit there. Hi, Atsuko. Where,s your husband?
你看! 那不是我们班上的明子吗? 我们坐那边吧。 明子你好,你的先生呢?
ATSUKO: He,s in line again. He,s hungry tonight.
他又去排队了, 他今天晚上很饿。
CARLO: How,s the food here?
这里的菜怎么样?
ATSUKO: It,s okay. The rice isn,t good, but the sandwiches are okay.
还可以, 这里的饭不好吃, 但是三明治还不错。
PEDRO: Are you writing letters again?
你又在写信了?
MIGUEL: Huh?
什么?
PEDRO: What are you doing?
你在做什么?
MIGUEL: I,m writing to my mother.
我在写信给我妈妈。
PEDRO: Send her my regards.
代我问候她。
MIGUEL: Where are you going? Isn,t that my new sweater?
你要去哪里? 那不是我的新毛衣吗?
PEDRO: Yes. I,m going to the movies with Marta, the Colombian girl on the fourth floor.
是. 我正要与四楼那位哥伦比亚女孩子玛它去看电影。
MIGUEL: You are? What about the woman in your office?
你真要去? 那, 你的公司那位小姐呢?
PEDRO: What about her?
她怎么样?
MIGUEL: Aren,t you seeing her tonight?
你今天晚上不是要去看她的吗?
PEDRO: No, tomorrow night.
不是, 是明天晚上。
MIGUEL: And… what,s her name, the girl in the bakery?
还有……面包店那个叫什么名字来着的女孩子?
PEDRO: Yolanda? I,m seeing her on Friday.
幼兰达? 我星期五要看她。
MIGUEL: Marta,s a nice girl.
玛它是个很善良的好女孩。
PEDRO: Who? Oh, Marta. Yes, she is, isn,t she? It,s her birthday next Sunday.
谁? 哦, 玛它。 是的, 她很善良可不是吗? 下星期天是她的生日。
MIGUEL: I know. April 22nd.
我知道, 是四月二十二号。
PEDRO: We,re going to a party.
我们将要参加一个宴会。
MIGUEL: Aren,t you going to the movies?
你们不是要去看电影吗?
PEDRO: Yes. Tonight Marta and I are going to the movies. Next week, on Marta,s birthday, we,re going to a party.
是啊! 我和玛它今天晚上要去看电影。 在下个礼拜玛它过生日时, 我将要参加宴会。
MIGUEL: Oh.
喔!
PEDRO: Marta isn,t going to the party.
玛它不参加聚会了。
MIGUEL: Oh? Why?
哦? 为什么?
PEDRO: She,s sick.
她生病了。
MIGUEL: Oh, I,m sorry. What,s wrong?
噢, 真可惜, 她怎么了?
PEDRO: A headache.
头痛。
MIGUEL: A headache?
头痛啊?
PEDRO: Yes, a headache.
对了, 头痛。
MIGUEL: Where are you going?
你要去哪?
PEDRO: To the party.
去参加聚会。
MIGUEL: You,re going alone?
你一个人去吗?
PEDRO: Sure. Are you writing to your mother again?
当然。 你又要写信给你妈妈?
MIGUEL: Yes.
是的。
PEDRO: Send her my regards. Well, I,m going. Goodbye.
请代我问候她。 好了, 我要走了, 再见。
MIGUEL: Bye. See you later.
回头见。
MARTA: Who is it?
那一位?
MIGUEL: Miguel. Pedro,s friend.
米盖尔, 佩德罗的朋友。
MARTA: What a surprise! Come in.
真想不到! 请进。
MIGUEL: Thank you. Here. Happy birthday.
谢谢。 这个给你, 祝你生日快乐。
MARTA: Oh, Miguel. They,re beautiful! Thank you.
米盖尔, 真漂亮, 谢谢你。
MIGUEL: I,m sorry about your headache.
听说你头痛, 我真替你难过。
MARTA: Headache? Oh, yes, my headache. I,m fine now, thank you.
头痛? 噢, 是的, 我是头痛, 但现在已经好了, 谢谢你。
MIGUEL: I,m glad. Let,s go to a movie, then.
我很高兴。 那么, 我们一起去看电影, 好不好?
MARTA: Miguel! What a good idea!
米盖尔! 那真是一个好主意!
BILL: Hello! Nora? Billy? Jack? Suzy? Peggy? I,m home!
喂! 诺拉?# 比利? 杰克? 苏西? 蓓姬? 我回来了!
NORA: Hi, dear. You,re home early.
嗨! 亲爱的, 你回来得很早嘛!
BILL: Hi, honey. Where were you?
嗨! 甜心, 你刚才在哪里?
NORA: I was in the bathroom.
我在洗手间。
BILL: Where are the kids?
孩子们到哪里去了?
NORA: Peggy,s at the library. Billy and Jack are at baseball practice.
蓓姬去图书馆, 比利和杰克练棒球去了。
BILL: And Suzy?
苏西呢?
NORA: She was here a few minutes ago. Maybe she,s in her room.
她刚刚还在这里, 也许在她的房里吧!
BILL: Gee, I,m tired.
唷, 好累。
NORA: How was your day?
今天怎么样?
BILL: Busy, but not bad.
很忙, 但是还不错。
BILLY AND JACK: Hi, Mom. Hi, Dad.
妈你好。 爸你好。
BILL: Hi, kids. How was baseball practice?
你们好, 棒球练得怎么样?
JACK: Great! I,m hungry, Mom.
非常好。 妈, 我肚子饿了。
BILLY: Jack, we weren,t great, and you know it.
杰克, 我们练得并不好, 你是知道的。
JACK: Maybe you weren,t.
或许你练得不好。
BILLY: Oh, I see. You were great, but the team wasn,t.
哦, 我懂了, 你练得非常好, 而全队不怎么好。
JACK: Right. Now you understand.
对了, 你现在才晓得。
BILLY: Jack, you are a…
杰克, 你这个人……
NORA: Dinner,s almost ready. About five more minutes.
再五分钟左右, 晚餐就好了。
BILL: When,s the big game?
什么时候大赛?
BILLY: Next Saturday. This was our last practice before the game.
下星期六。 这是我们比赛前的最后一次练习。
JACK: I,m hungry.
我肚子饿了。
BILLY: Hey, Jack. Let,s practice until dinner,s ready.
嗨, 杰克。 我们再去练, 练到吃晚餐为止。
JACK: OK. Superman. Let,s go.
好吧, 超人。 走吧!
ALI: Mama, I,m hungry. I want a hot dog.
妈, 我饿了, 我要吃热狗。
MRS. NIKZAD: Ali, be patient.
阿里, 不要急。
MR. NIKZAD: Now let,s see.
我们来看。
MR. NIKZAD: On this map there are three restaurants in the Plaza of Nations.
这张地图, 上面有三家餐馆在国家广场里。
MR. NIKZAD: Italian, French, and Spanish.
包括意大利风味、法国风味和西班牙风味。
MR. NIKZAD: How about Italian food for lunch?
午餐吃意大利菜怎么样?
ALI: But, Father, I want a hot dog!
但是, 爸, 我要吃热狗嘛!
MR. NIKZAD: Ali, be quiet. I,m talking to your mother.
阿里,别吵, 我在跟你妈说话。
MRS. NIKZAD: Dear, he,s only six.
亲爱的, 他才六岁嘛!
ALI: Look! An ice cream man! May I have an ice cream sandwich, please, please? I love ice cream sandwiches.
你看! 冰淇淋摊贩! 我可以吃冰淇淋三明治吗? 拜托! 我最喜欢吃冰淇淋三明治。
MR. NIKZAD: He,s impossible.
真是拿他没办法。
MRS. NIKZAD: He,s only a child.
他还小。
MR. NIKZAD: You may have your ice cream sandwich after lunch.
吃完午餐以后你才可以吃冰淇淋三明治。
MR. NIKZAD: Excuse me, sir. Can you help me? Where is the Italian restaurant?
对不起先生, 您能不能帮个忙? 请问意大利餐馆在哪儿?
BILL: It,s in the Italian Pavilion, over there. On the second floor.
就在那边的意大利馆里面。在二楼。
MR. NIKZAD: Thank you.
谢谢。
ALI: I can have an ice cream sandwich later, can,t I?
待会儿我可以吃冰淇淋三明治吗?
BILL: Of course, you can. After lunch.
当然可以, 但要在吃过午餐以后。
ALI: My name,s Ali.
我的名字叫阿里。
MRS. NIKZAD: Come along, Ali. The man is busy.
过来, 阿里, 这位先生很忙。
BILL: That,s OK. Where are you from, Ali?
没关系, 阿里, 你从哪儿来的?
ALI: Iran.
伊朗。
BILL: Really?
真的吗?
ALI: Yes. I can speak two languages.
嗯, 我会说两种语言。
BILL: Oh? Your English is very good.
哦? 你英文说得很好。
ALI: Yes.
嗯。
MR. NIKZAD: Come, Ali! The restaurant,s over here.
阿里,来, 餐馆就在这。
MRS. NIKZAD: Come along, Ali. Goodbye, sir. Thank you for your help.
快来, 阿里。 先生再见, 谢谢你的帮忙。
ALI: Byebye, ice cream man.
拜拜, 卖冰淇淋的先生。
BILL: Goodbye, Ali. See you after lunch.
阿里,再见, 午餐后再碰头。
WAITER: Here are your cocktails.
这是二位的鸡尾酒。
MR. CRAWFORD: Thank you.
谢谢。
WAITER: The sherry?
雪利酒是哪一位的?
MRS. CRAWFORD: For me, thank you.
我的, 谢谢。
WAITER: And the martini is for you, sir?
这杯马丁尼该是先生的吧?
MR. CRAWFORD: Yes, thank you.
是的, 谢谢。
WAITER: May I take your order now?
二位要不要点菜?
MR. CRAWFORD: Please.
好的。
WAITER: The lobster is very good today.
今天的龙虾很不错。
MR. CRAWFORD: Dear?
亲爱的, 怎么样?
MRS. CRAWFORD: Oh, a fruit salad, please.
噢, 请给我一客水果沙拉。
WAITER: Certainly. And you, sir?
好的。 先生您呢?
MR. CRAWFORD: The lobster, and a salad, please.
请来个龙虾和沙拉。
WAITER: Thank you. Wine, sir?
好的, 先生要不要叫一点葡萄酒?
MR. CRAWFORD: Wine, dear?
亲爱的, 要不要酒?
MRS. CRAWFORD: No, not for me.
不, 我不要。
MR. CRAWFORD: No, thank you.
不要, 谢谢。
WAITER: Very good, sir.
好的, 先生。
PAULO: Hey, Joana. Why aren,t you ready? It,s almost 7 o,clock!
嗨, 琼娜! 你怎么还没准备好? 快七点了!
JOANA: I,m sorry, Paulo. I,m not going. I have to study.
对不起, 保罗。 我不去了, 我要念书。
PAULO: But you can study later. Don,t you want to go?
念书可以待会儿再念, 你不想去吗?
JOANA: No, not really. I don,t like dinner parties.
嗯, 我不太想去, 我不喜欢宴会。
PAULO: But what can I tell the Crawfords?
那么我怎么跟郭佛夫妇说呢?
JOANA: Tell them I,m sick.
告诉他们说我不舒服。
PAULO: But you aren,t sick. Come on, Joana. I don,t like to lie.
可是你没有不舒服呀! 拜托, 琼娜, 我不喜欢撒谎。