一段感情中,男女双方的相互了解、彼此信任是十分重要的。否则,二人肯定频繁吵架、矛盾冲突不断,感情很难维持下去。
A:Hey, Jim. Why are you so unhappy?
嘿,吉姆。你怎么看上去这么不开心啊。
B:Well, nothing much. It's just…I just quarreled with my girlfriend.
嗯,没什么。只是……我刚刚跟女朋友吵了一架。
A:Oh really? Why?
哦,是吗?为什么啊?
B:I said she was a back seat driver. Then she got mad all of asudden. But for god's sake, I was joking with her!
我当时跟她开玩笑说了一句她老爱对我指手画脚。然后她突然就生气了。可是,看在上帝份上,我只是在开玩笑而已。
A:Actually, Jim, I think you guys two should discuss it thoroughly.
Then you'll find out where the problem is.
其实,我觉得你们两个应该好好谈一谈。这样就能知道问题出在哪儿了。
B:Well, thank you. I'll try to find a chance.
好吧,谢谢你。我会找机会说的。
Unit5道歉与原谅
情境1 道歉
简易版
I must apologize.我必须跟你道歉。
I must apologize about that.我必须跟你道歉。
I must apologize for what I said.我为我说的话道歉。
I'm very sorry for that.很抱歉。
I'm sorry but I can't.抱歉,不过我做不到。
I'm very sorry, it was all my fault.抱歉,这是我的错。
I'm sorry to have bothered you.抱歉打扰你了。
Sorry.对不起。
I'm sorry.对不起。
I can't tell you how sorry I am.我真的很抱歉。
Sorry to be a bother.抱歉打扰你了。
I really feel bad about it.我真的感到非常抱歉。
I'm awfully sorry.真的非常非常抱歉。
升级版
I'm sorry for giving you so much trouble.抱歉给你带来这么多麻烦。
Oh, my fault.哦,是我弄错了。
Oh, I'm sorry. That was really clumsy of me.哦,抱歉。我太笨了。
Sorry to be a pest.抱歉打扰你了。
Words cannot describe how sorry I am.
任何语言都无法描述我对你的歉意。
My mistake. It won't happen again.我错了。下次不会发生了。
Please accept my sincere apology.请接受我诚挚的歉意。
I owe you an apology for what I did last night.我为昨天的行为向你道歉。
I'm sorry to have caused you so much inconvenience.
抱歉给你带来这么多麻烦。
I'm sorry. I spoke out of turn.抱歉。我这话说得不太合适。
情境2 请求原谅
简易版
Forgive me, I didn't mean to offend you.抱歉,我无意冒犯。
I beg your pardon.抱歉,你说什么?
Excuse me.抱歉打扰一下。
Pardon me.不好意思,你说什么?
升级版
Please forgive me. I really didn't mean that.
请原谅。我真的不是那个意思。
Excuse me for not phoning you.抱歉没给你打电话。
Please excuse me coming late.抱歉我来晚了。
Pardon me for interrupting you.抱歉打断你们一下。
I hope you will excuse me.希望你们能原谅我。
情境3 解释挽回
简易版
Wait, can I take that back?等一下,我能把话收回来吗?
I overreacted.我反应过度了。
I could be wrong.可能是我做错了。
This isn't just your problem but it's our problems.
这不只是你的错,我们大家都有错。
I realize it's not your fault.我知道那不是你的错。
I didn't mean it that way.我不是那个意思。
I should have asked you first.我应该先问问你的。
It's my entire fault. I'll try to make it up to you.
全都是我的错。我会尽力弥补你的。
升级版
I can see my part in this.我能意识到我的错误。
I hadn't thought of it that way before.我以前从来没那么想过。
Let's agree to disagree on that.咱们搁置争议吧。
We're getting off the subject.咱们离题了。
I know I need to listen more.我知道我应该多听别人的意见。
You've convinced me.我服了。
Let's take a break for a few minutes.咱们先休战一下吧。
I see how I contributed to the problem.我知道这件事都是因我而起。
What are we really fighting about?咱们到底在争吵些什么?
How can I make things better?我怎么做才能挽回?
I don't know how that could have happened.
我不知道怎么会发生这样的事。
情境4 原谅/不原谅
简易版
That's all right.没关系。
It's all right.没关系。
That's OK.没事。
It doesn't matter at all.一点关系都没有。
Never mind.没事。
Not at all.没关系。
It's nothing.没什么。
It's not your fault.不是你的错。
Please don't worry.你别担心。
No problem.没事了。
I forgive you.我原谅你了。
Apologies accepted.你的道歉我接受了。
I can't forgive you.我没法原谅你。
How can you do this to me?你怎么能这么对我?
Who do you think you are 你以为你是谁?
Stop giving me excuses.别给我找借口了。
升级版
That's quite all right.没事了。
Think nothing.别多想。
Think nothing of it.别多想。
Don't let it worry you.不用烦恼这个。
No harm.不要紧。
You are not forgiven.我不会原谅你。
I won't be able to let it go.我没法当做没发生过。
I can't understand why.我不懂为什么。
No need to apologize.用不着跟我道歉。
You don't have to apologize.你不用跟我道歉。
Don't even try it.别说了。
Don't give me that crap.别跟我扯淡。
偶像剧场Role-Play
偶像剧中,女主角总是那么温柔善良,即使被别人弄得伤痕累累最终也会原谅对方。这当中固然有编剧追求大团圆结局的意图,其实更包含了一种人生哲理:原谅别人,就是放过自己。
M:I'm terribly sorry, Sarah. Yesterday when I was hurrying home, Idropped the book onto the ground and got it stained. And youknow, it was raining hard at the time真对不起,萨拉。昨天我急匆匆地赶回家的时候,把书掉在地上,把它给弄脏了。而且你知道,当时雨下得很大。
W:The David Copperfield you borrowed from me last week?
是上周你跟我借的那本《大卫·科波菲尔》吗?
M:Sorry. Yeah.
对不起,是的。
W:Oh, that's too bad. It's my favorite.
哦,那太糟了。那是我最喜欢的一本书。
M:I do apologize for this. I'll buy a new one for you.
我真的很抱歉。我给你买本新的。
W:Never mind, Daniel. It happens all the time.
没关系,丹尼尔。这种事情常发生的。
Unit6约会
情境1 提出约会
简易版
Are you free on Sunday?你周日有空吗?
Are you busy this evening?你今天晚上忙吗?
Would 7: 30 suit you?你7:30方便吗?
How about going out for a meal?一起出去吃个饭吧?
Would you like to join me?你要一起来吗?
Do you want to play tennis 你想玩网球吗?
Do you feel like watching a new film?你想看部新电影吗?
How about going with us?你跟我们一起去吧?
I'd like to invite you to the party.我想请你去参加一个聚会。
升级版
Have you anything special this evening?今天晚上有什么特别安排吗?
May I expect you at four?四点能见见你吗?
Can we fix a time?咱们能确定一个时间吗?
Shall I call you or will you come to me?
我给你打电话还是你直接过来找我?
I wonder if you are too busy tonight.你今晚有没有空?
What about visiting Smith tomorrow evening?明天晚上一起去看史密斯怎么样?
May we have the pleasure of your company?我们能去你公司看看吗?
We have the honor of having you as our guest of honor?
不知道我们有没有这个荣幸邀请您担任我们的荣誉嘉宾?
Do you fancy dancing with me?你愿意跟我跳支舞吗?
I'm wondering if you could do something.你有空吗?
May I invite you for a dance?我能请你跳支舞吗?
Would you like to have a cup of coffee with me sometime?
有空了一起喝个咖啡吧?
Why don't you come and join us for a dance?你愿意来加入我们跳舞吗?
情境2 答应/拒绝
简易版
I'd like/love to.可以啊。
It's so nice of you. Thanks a lot.你真是太好了。太感谢你了。
That's a good idea.好主意。
Great, I'd love to. Would you like to pick me up at the gate of school?
好,我去,你能来学校门口接我吗?
Oh, I'm afraid I can not go tonight, perhaps tomorrow evening?
哦,恐怕我今晚去不了,明天晚上行吗?
I'm sorry I can't, but thank you anyway.
抱歉我恐怖去不了,不过还是要谢谢你。
Well, I'd love to, but…the weather forecast says it's going to rain tonight.恩,我想去,可是……天气预报说今晚要下雨。
升级版
Wonderful, it's so nice of you. Shall we meet at 7 at your place?
很好,你真是太好了。咱们7点在你那儿见?
Sounds great as I love pizza. Can we have pizza tonight?
听起来不错,我喜欢披萨。今晚咱们能吃披萨吗?
That's great, but I'm afraid I won't be available tonight. Can we make it some other time?
主意很好,不过我今晚恐怕没空;咱们改约别的时间吧?
I love to have dinner with you, but I'm preoccupied tonight. How about tomorrow night?