欧美文化360°洗礼
揭秘时间管理和工作效率
Being more efficient and more valuable to your company is the best way to put your career on the fast track. If you are always working hard, getting more done and bringing more value to your company than your peers, you will get noticed.
工作效率越高、对于公司越有价值,是你快速晋升的最佳方式。如果你总是努力工作、比别的同事做的更多、给公司带来更多收益,你就会被注意到。
Thousands of people practice time-proven techniques that make sure you move forward:
成千上万的人都证明了,时间管理技巧能使你进步:
1.Ask yourself and your boss what the best use of your time is.
问问自己,和你的老板,你的时间最应该花在哪方面。
If you don't know exactly what your boss feels is the best use of your time and what the highest value activity is for you, ask!It is by doing that or those tasks that you can move forward quickly. Building the most value will get you noticed and to do that you have to find out what it is you are expected to do.
如果你不知道你的老板真正想让你花时间在哪一方面以及什么活动对你来说最有价值,就去问你的老板!这就是说你应该去做那些能让你迅速进步的任务。做出最大的贡献会让你得到注意。并且,必须找到你真正想去做的事情。
2.Ask your boss to help you clear away other tasks so that you can focus on the highest value task.
让你的老板帮助你扫清其他任务,使你能够集中精力去做那些价值最高的任务。
Once you have found out what your most important task is you will probably notice that only a small portion of your time is spent on it. Talk to your boss about it and see if you can get rid of or delegate some of the tasks to other people so you can spend your time building as much value as possible to the company.
一旦你找到你最重要的任务是什么,你可能会发现,你只花了一小部分的时间在这件事上。找你的老板谈谈,问问他你是否可以不做这些任务或委托其他人做,这样你就可以花时间为公司尽可能多的创造价值。
3.Plan your week so that you spend as much time as possible working on the most important task.
计划好你的一周,让你尽可能把时间花在最重要的任务上面。
Make a weekly plan trying to free up as much time as possible to your important task. List everything you do in a week and figure out how you can get the most possible out of your workday.
每周做一次计划,试图为最重要的任务多留出一些时间。为你这一周的工作列一份清单,并分清那些是你在工作日里最有可能完成的。
4.Organize each day 组织好你的每一天
Once you have planned your weeks you can start organizing each day. What is most important?What needs to be done first?What second?Once you have that daily plan, get to it and start checking them off one by one.
一旦你有了周计划,你就可以开始计划你的每一天了。什么是最重要的?首先需要做什么?什么排第二?一旦你有了每天的计划,实施它,并逐个检查它们。
5.Get in earlier, work harder, stay later 到得更早,工作得更努力,留的晚一点
By working focused you will get a lot more done than your peers. But if you also make the great impression of being first to the office and the last to leave whilst all the while producing at a high rate, you will get noticed, appreciated and promoted.
一旦你专注工作,你需要比你的同行多做很多。但是如果你给别人留下了一个深刻的印象,那就是第一个到办公室、最后一个离开,一直在高效地工作,你会得到注意、赏识和晋升的。
6.Be proactive 要积极主动
Don't let the circumstances control you. Instead, control the circumstances.If you want to be promoted you have to show that you can shoulder the responsibility.Ask for more responsibility and when you get it, do it well and do it fast!
不要让形势控制你。相反的,要控制形势。如果你想得到提拔,你得显示出你有能力承担这份责任。要求承担更多的责任,当你得到它,又快又好地完成它!
5.上班迟到 Being Late for Work
上班迟到不仅对自身不利,对同事也会造成不好的影响,所以,应尽可能地不要迟到。
交流应急句
1.My car broke down.
我的车抛锚了。
2.I was almost Iate by half an hour.
我几乎迟到了半个小时。
3.My bus was stuck in traffic so I am Iate for work.
我的车遇到堵车了,所以我上班迟到了。
4.What happens if I'm Iate?
我迟到的话会怎样?
5.I can't be Iate for work..
我不能上班迟到。
6.We need to hurry up.
我们得快点了。
7.Crap!I'm going to be Iate for work.
天哪!我要上班迟到了。
8.Can we hurry up?It's getting Iate.
难道我们不能快点吗?马上要迟到了。
9.If I'm Iate again, I'll get fired.
我要是再迟到会被解雇的。
10.I have something important to deaI.I might be Iate for work.
我有些重要的事情得处理。我可能得迟到了。
实用情景对话
Late for Work
Tina:Oh, no!I'm gonna be Iate!
Linda:Well, hurry up and get ready!
Tina:I can't!I need to stop at the post office.
Linda:Well, what will happen if you're Iate?
Tina:I could get fired!
Linda:Just forget about the post office, then.
Tina:I can't!I need to maiI out this package. I'm screwed!
Linda:Well, talking about it isn't going to help. Let's go.
Tina:You're right.
上班迟到
蒂娜:哦,我要迟到了!
琳达:噢,快点准备!
蒂娜:不行呀,我要在邮局停一下。
琳达:哦,你要是迟到了会怎么样?
蒂娜:可能会被开除。
琳达:那就别想什么邮局了。
蒂娜:不行啊,我要寄这个包裹。我要晕头转向了。
琳达:哦,说这些没用。咱们走吧。
蒂娜:你说得对。
欧美文化360°洗礼
浪费时间的18种表现
1.Complaining.No one gets what they want by whining.Instead, try asking.
抱怨。光是发牢骚是不可能得到想要的东西的。不要光抱怨,要质疑。
2.Commuting during rush hour.Time-shift your drive for less traffic.
在高峰时间上下班。换到其他时间点,这样路上就不会那么堵。
3.Gossiping.It never gets the work done.
八卦。八卦什么都做不成。
4.Doing other people's work.Do your work first.
做别人的工作。先把自己的事情做好吧。
5.Watching TV.No one ever accomplished their goals by sitting on the couch.
看电视。坐在电视前是不可能做成什么事的。
6.Hanging out with negative people.Be careful, attitude is contagious.
常和消极的人在一起。小心点,态度是会传染的。
7.Procrastinating.Action now always beats inaction.
拖延。现在开始就战胜无所作为吧。
8.Indecision.Make decisions or life will make them for you.
优柔寡断。要么就自己做决定,要么你就会被决定。
9.Reading the news.Go on a media diet.
读新闻。戒掉爱看媒体新闻的瘾吧。
10.Playing video games.Angry Birds don't get work done.
打游戏。光玩“愤怒的小鸟”什么都干不成。
11.Making empty promises.Stop saying what you're not going to do.
说空话。不要再吹嘘那些你不会去做的事情了。
12.Waiting for something to happen.Go out and make it happen.
等待什么事发生。行动起来,自己去让这件事发生吧。
13.Reading Email.Only check it 3 times a day.Morning, noon, end of day.
查电子邮件。一天只要查3次就够了:早上,中午和晚上。
14.Answering the phone.Remember, your phone is there for your convenience.
接电话。记住,电话是为了你自己的方便才存在的。
15.Playing Email Ping-Pong.Avoid the back-and-forth, go talk to someone.
发电子邮件,你回复我,我回复你。不要用电邮回复来回复去,真正地去跟别人聊聊吧。
16.Not putting things away.You'll have to look for them later.
不把东西放好。之后你就要开始找东西了。
17.Surfing the web endlessly.One thing leads to another……漫无目的地上网。事情一件连着另外一件……
18.Constantly updating your social media status.No one needs to know what you are eating for lunch.
不断更新社交媒体状态。没人想知道你中午吃的是什么。
读书笔记
___________________________________
___________________________________
6.加班 Working Overtime
加班是每个职场人士熟知同时也不能避免的。
交流应急句
1.I can work Iate on Friday.
周五我可以加班。
2.Could I pick up some extra hours?
我能加班吗?