International Children's Day 国际儿童节(6 月1 日)
Father's Day 父亲节(6 月的第三个星期日)
Mid-summer Day 仲夏节(北欧,6 月)
Chopsticks Day 筷子节(日本,8 月4 日)
Teacher's Day 教师节(中国,9 月10 日)
Old People's Day 敬老节(日本,9 月15 日)
Oktoberfest 啤酒节(德国十月节,10 月10 日)
Pumpkin Day 南瓜节(北美,10 月31 日)
Halloween 鬼节(万圣节除夕,10 月31 日夜)
Hallowmas 万圣节(11 月1 日)
Thanksgiving Day 感恩节(美国,11 月最后一个星期四)
Nurse Day 护士节(12 月12 日)
Christmas Eve 圣诞除夕(12 月24 日)
Christmas Day 圣诞节(12 月25 日)
Boxing Day 节礼日(12 月26 日)
New Year's Eve(a bank holiday in many countries)新年除夕(12 月31 日)
World Consumer Right Day 世界消费者权益日(3 月15 日)
World Water Day 世界水日(3 月22 日)
World Health Day 世界卫生日(4 月7 日)
World Earth Day 世界地球日(4 月22 日)
World Housing Day 世界住房日(十月第一个星期一)
International Secretary Day 国际秘书节(4 月25 日)
International Red-cross Day 国际红十字日(5 月8 日)
International Nurse Day 国际护士节(5 月12 日)
World Telecommunications Day 世界电信日(5 月17 日)
World No-smoking Day 世界无烟日(5 月31 日)
World Environment Day 世界环境日(6 月5 日)
World Population Day 世界人口日(7 月11 日)
World Tourism Day 世界旅游日(9 月27 日)
World Post Day 世界邮政日(10 月9 日)
World Grain Day 世界粮食日(10 月16 日)
World Aids Day 世界艾滋病日(12 月1 日)
World Disabled Day 世界残疾日(12 月3 日)
Unit3感谢
情境1 表达感谢
简易版
It's very kind of you.太感谢您了。
I'm much obliged to you.太感谢您了。
Much obliged.感谢您。
Thank you.谢谢。
Thank you very much.非常感谢。
Thank you very much indeed.真的非常感谢你。
Thanks.谢谢。
Thanks a lot.非常感谢。
Thanks very much.非常感谢。
Thanks so much.非常感谢。
Many thanks.非常感谢。
Thank you so much for your generous hospitality.
非常感谢您慷慨的款待。
Thanks a million. I really appreciate it.万分感谢,真的是帮了我大忙啦。
It's very kind of you to help me.你能帮助我真是太好了。
I really appreciate what you've done for me these days.
我真的很感激这些天来你对我的帮助。
I want to thank you for your kindness to me and for your compliments.
我要感谢您对我的友爱和问候。
Many thanks for your kind and warm letter.感谢您友好而热情的来信。
Your letters are so much fun /comfor/entertainment/company.
您的来信充满了乐趣/给了很大安慰/带来了欢乐/使我不感到寂寞。
升级版
Thank you for one of the most memorable days of my trip.
为了旅途中最值得留念的一天,谨向您表示感谢。
Thank you for one of the most enjoyable visits we have had in many months.
在您处的参观访问,是我们几个月中最愉快的一次。谨向您表示感谢。
Thank you for contributing so much to the pleasure of our staying.
感谢您给我们在这里停留期间带来那么多欢乐。
You must give me the chance to return your kindne(s when you visit here.您光临我处时我定要借机答谢您的盛情。为了使我去纽约的旅游有
趣/愉快/大有收获,您做了许多事,特此致谢。
Thank you for contributing so much to the pleasure of our stay in your city.
感谢您为使我们在你的城市停留期间的愉快所做的许多努力。
I hope something will bring you to New York soon so that I can reciprocate your kindness.希望不久您能有机会到纽约来,使我能答谢您的盛情。
You must give me the chance to return your kindness when you visit here.希望您光临我处,使我能答谢您的盛情。
I really don't know what I would have done without your help.
真不知道没有你的帮助我该怎么办。
Thank you very much /ever so much/most sincerely/indeed/from the bottom of my heart.很/非常/最真诚地/确实/衷心感谢您。
It's generous of you to take so much interest in my work/to give me so much of your time/to show me so much consideration.
承蒙您对我的工作如此操心/为我花费这么多时间/对我如此关怀。
There is nothing more important /satisfying/gratifyingto me than to receive one of your letters.
再也没有比收到您的来信更使我觉得重要/快慰/感激了。
Your most courteous /considerate/delightfulletter…
您那彬彬有礼/体贴入微/令人欣慰的来信……
I love the way you say /putthings in your letters. You make even the smallest incident seem so interesting/important/charming/mysterious.我很欣赏您在信中描述各种事物的手法。您的妙笔使细小的事情都显得很有趣/重要/动人/神秘。
情境2 回答感谢
简易版
You are welcome.不用客气。
It's a pleasure.乐意为您效劳。
A pleasure.乐意为您效劳。
It is my pleasure.乐意为您效劳。
My pleasure.乐意为您效劳。
It's nothing.没什么。
升级版
Not at all.不用客气。
Please don't mention it.别这么说。
Think nothing of it.别那么说。
That's all right.不用客气。
That's OK.不用客气。
Any time.有事您说话。
Pleasure is all mines.乐意为您效劳。
No trouble at all.一点都不麻烦。
No problem.没问题。
偶像剧场Role-Play
无论是哪部偶像剧,其中总会有那么一两个角色,他们宁愿自己受尽委屈,也甘之如饴,只因为他们要保护他们最重要的人--他们的子女,只因为他们已为人父母。现实生活中的父母也是如此,尽管他们爱我们的方式不尽相同,但他们都值得我们真心向他们道一声谢谢!
Jim:Mom,happy Mother's Day! Here's my card.
妈妈,母亲节快乐!这是我给您的卡片。
Mom What a surprise! Thanks. It's beautiful.
太让我惊喜了!谢谢。卡片很漂亮。
Jim:Thank you for your love and care over the years. I appreciate it,Mom.
感谢您这些年来给我的关爱和照顾。我非常感激。
Mom This is the best card I've ever received.
这是我收到过的最好的卡片。
Jim:Mom,what can I do for you today?
妈妈,我今天能为您做点什么吗?
Mom Nothing,son. I'm already very happy.
儿子,没什么事情可做的。我已经很开心了。
Jim:How about dinner tonight? My treat.
晚上我们出去吃顿饭怎么样?我请客。
Mom Actually,I prefer we eat at home. We'll have more time to catch up that way.
我更愿意我们能在家里吃饭。那样我们就能有更多的时间聊聊这几年的事了。
Jim:I'm sorry I haven't dropped in that much these past few years.
Business has kept me too busy. I apologize.
过去这几年我都没怎么关注这个,真是对不起。生意总是让我太忙。我道歉。
Mom Oh,don't mention it. I'm proud of you.
哦,别说这个。我很为你感到骄傲的。
Jim:Thanks,Mom. I love you so much.
妈,谢谢您。我好爱您。
Mom I love you,too.
我也爱你。
Unit4冲突
情境1 吵架
简易版
I can't take you anymore!我再也受不了了!
I hate you!我恨你!
What do you want?你想干吗?
Don't look at me like that.别那么看着我。
What did you say?你说什么?
You are out of your mind.你疯了。
I don't want to hear it.我不想听。
Give me a break.你饶了我吧!
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard!那是我听过最愚蠢的事了!
You're nothing to me.你对我来说什么都不是。
Just look at what you've done!看看你干的好事!
I'm sick of it.我受够了。
What a stupid idiot!蠢蛋!
I'll never forgive you!我永远都不会原谅你!
Can't you do anything right?你就不能干件好事吗?
Don't lie to me.别跟我撒谎。
Don't tell me lies.别跟我撒谎。
Stop joking!别闹了!
Quit your kidding.别开玩笑了。
→ kidding “戏弄,耍弄,开玩笑”。quit “别,不要”和stop 的意思相
同,但是 quit 一般含有“有意识地放弃工作、改变习惯”的意思。
Don't act stupid.别傻了。
Don't act silly.别傻了。
Don't be silly!别傻了。
Don't be ridiculous!别搞笑了!
That's stupid.真蠢!
Bull****!废话!
Don't say stupid things.别说傻话了。
Don't talk nonsense!别说废话了!
Don't talk stupid!别说傻话了!
→stupid 俚语,“傻的”“无意义的”“愚蠢的”。
升级版
Please try to understand my point of view.请你试着理解一下我的立场。
This is important to me. Please listen.
这一点对我非常重要。请你听我说。
I see you're in a tough position.我知道你目前处境艰难。
I'm feeling unappreciated.我感觉怀才不遇。
That came out all wrong.结果证明全弄错了。
I'm telling you for the last time!我再跟你说最后一次!
Drop dead.去死吧!
You're away too far.你太过分了!